Performing Arts Heritage Network (PAHN) Conference (Full Conference)
The 2019 PAHN Conference is being held this November in Geelong in the Western Beach Room at Deakin University’s Waterfront Campus. The conference will be held over 3 days - this year the conference will include an additional day (Friday 8th) to allow a walking tour of Geelong’s Performing Arts sites.
- Keynote – Associate Professor Maryrose Casey
- From circus to Spire to Spiegeltent: the past, present and future of the Melbourne Arts Precinct, 1890 to 2025, Ian Jackson and Claudia Funder
- Double Stories – Archives and Oral History, Judy Seeff and Dr. Margaret Leask
- Dancing Sydney: Mapping Movements: Performing Histories, Dr. Amanda Card
- The pinch point: Victoria’s first show route, Dr. Mark St Leon
- Touring variety in the Asia Pacific region, 1946–1975: entrepreneurial diplomacy and regional formation—notes on ‘walking the archive’, Dr. Jonathan Bollen
- The appeal of digitizing performing art scrapbooks, Eleanor Goodwin
- La Mama: Archiving Grassroots Theatre, Fiona Wiseman
- Theatre Heritage Australia - progress report on recent & new projects, Peter Johnson and Simon Piening
- Re-Performing the Archive: The Resurrection of Rumstick Road, Dr. Glenn D’Cruz
- Meredith Rogers (academic, director, author and former General Manager Mill Theatre)
As well as our, very popular, round table discussion and many other speakers (too many to mention here).
In the coming days we will be adding the abstracts and bios to our website www.pahn.org.au
Come and join the discussion and help celebrate Australia's performing arts past and prepare for its vibrant future.
$100 full conference (three days)
$80 for AMaGA members and full time students (three days)
$50 full payment for 1 day only (Wed / Thurs)
$40 AMaGA members and full time students for 1 day only (Wed/Thurs)
(NB. Day 3 – Friday 8th November is a free day)
If paying on the day cash only please.
How to register:
To get the member discount you need to be logged in. Please log in and then return to this page. When you add a registration it will be visible in your cart at the top of the page. Go to your Cart to complete payment.
If you have any problems, or would like to register offline, please contact the National Office on 02 6230 0346 or email@example.com for assistance.
THIS REGISTRATION WILL BE FOR THE FULL CONFERENCE.
Western Beach Room
Level 6, Sally Walker Building
Deakin University's Waterfront Campus, Geelong, VIC
For a more detailed map, click here
Photo credit: Publicity photograph for Geelong Repertory Society’s production of Night Must Fall by Emlyn Williams. Performed July 8-10, 1947 at the Hall of Honour, Yama St, Geelong. Left-right: Bill Birdsey, Margaret Smith, Donald McDonald, Billie Doak and Dorothy Doyle. Photographer: Robert Pockley