Who are we?
We are the Victorian branch of Australian Museums and Galleries Association – the national association for the museum and gallery sector.
What do we do?
Our professional services for the Victorian museum and gallery communities include:
- Assistance with accreditation, training, and exhibition needs.
- Site visits to over 100 regional and metropolitan Victorian museums each year.
- A pathway to better practices and recognition for museums through the Accreditation Program
- Victorian Collections – a free, easy to use, online cataloguing system.
- Digitisation and cataloguing workshops each year as part of the Victorian Collections training program.
- 24 issues per year of our bi-weekly member e-bulletin.
- Events, workshops and seminars for museum and gallery volunteers and paid staff across the state.
- On-demand training opportunities that reflect the National Standards for Australian Museums and Galleries.
- Special projects - The Collections and Community Resilience Project (CCRP)
- Victorian Museums and Galleries Awards
We represent and provide programs for over 500* members across the state.