Who are we?
The Australian Museums and Galleries Association South Australia (SA) Branch is a network of people working and volunteering in galleries, museums, botanic gardens, historical societies, heritage sites and other organisations across the State. We welcome individuals who may not be working in the sector but are affiliated with it in other ways or people simply interested in what we do. Members of the national association who are based in South Australia are automatically members of the SA Branch.
AMaGA(SA) Branch Committee:
- President: Amy Dale, Exhibitions Coordinator - Special Collections, Archives and Recordkeeping, The University of Adelaide
- Vice-President: Celia Dottore, Project Officer, Artistic Programs - Tarnanthi, Art Gallery of South Australia
- Secretary: Claudia von der Borch, Exhibitions Coordinator, MOD. Museum
- Treasurer: Patrick Bugeja, Public Programs Coordinator, State Library of South Australia
- Mandy Paul, Director Migration Museum, Major Projects, Research & Collections
- Guanmin Hu, Archive Cataloguer (volunteer) - City of Burnside
- Jacinta Weiss, Cultural Heritage Centre Coordinator, Town of Gawler
- Stephen Zagala, Research Fellow, World Cultures South Australian Museum
What do we do?
Each year, the Branch committee organises a variety of networking and professional development events to support its members.
The Branch hosts a regular networking breakfast with a guest speaker on the first Friday of each month from April to December between 8am-9am at The Golden Wattle, Pirie Street, Adelaide, all are welcome to attend. We also host a number of events throughout the year to allow likeminded professionals and those interested in the sector to critically engage with local exhibitions and displays.
The Branch is always on the lookout for local collaborations and opportunities to connect our members with the SA industry.
Whether you're a member or thinking about becoming a member, we want to know you!
Pease contact the Branch Secretary, at email@example.com for details of upcoming events and visit us at: