Who are we?
The Australian Museums and Galleries Association South Australia (SA) Branch is a network of people working and volunteering in galleries, museums, botanic gardens, historical societies, heritage sites and other organisations across the State. We welcome individuals who may not be working in the sector but are affiliated with it in other ways or people simply interested in what we do. Members of the national association who are based in South Australia are automatically members of the SA Branch.
AMaGA(SA) Branch Committee:
- President: Pauline Cockrill, Community History Officer, History Trust of South Australia
- Vice-President: Julia Garnaut, Local History Coordinator, City of Holdfast Bay
- Secretary: Gabby Sexton, Curator - Collections, National Railway Museum
- Treasurer: Anna Rivett, Collections Officer - University Collections, The University of Adelaide
- Alice Clanachan, Assistant Curator of Prints, Drawings and Photographs, Art Gallery of South Australia
- Kate Davies, Project Officer - University Collections, The University of Adelaide
- Veronika Petroff, Ministerial Liason Officer, SA Public Sector
- Sarita Burnett, Case Management Officer - Culture (Public Art), City of Adelaide
- Alice Beale, Senior Collection Manager - Humanities and World Cultures, South Australian Museum
- Celia Dottore, Program Curator - Flinders University Art Museum, Flinders University
- Becci Love, Museum Operations Coordinator, MOD.
What do we do?
Each year, the Branch committee organises a variety of networking and professional development events to support its members.
The Branch hosts a regular networking breakfast with a guest speaker on the first Friday of each month from April to December between 8am-9am at East Terrace Continental, East Terrace, Adelaide, all are welcome to attend. We also host a regular exhibition club for likeminded professionals to critically engage with local exhibitions and displays.
The Branch is always on the lookout for local collaborations and opportunities to connect our members with the SA industry.
Whether you're a member or thinking about becoming a member, we want to know you!
Australian Museums and Galleries Association (SA), PO Box 987, KENT TOWN SA 5071
Pease contact the Branch Secretary, Gabby Sexton, at firstname.lastname@example.org for details of upcoming events and visit us at: