Who are we?
The Australian Museums and Galleries Association South Australia (SA) Branch is a network of people working and volunteering in galleries, museums, botanic gardens, historical societies, heritage sites and other organisations across the State. We welcome individuals who may not be working in the sector but are affiliated with it in other ways or people simply interested in what we do. Members of the national association who are based in South Australia are automatically members of the SA Branch.
AMaGA(SA) Branch Committee:
- President: Amy Dale, Exhibitions Coordinator - Special Collections, Archives and Recordkeeping, The University of Adelaide
- Vice-President: Claudia von der Borch, Exhibitions Coordinator, MOD. Museum
- Secretary: Jacinta Weiss, Cultural Heritage Centre Coordinator, Town of Gawler
- Treasurer: Patrick Bugeja, Public Programs Coordinator, State Library of South Australia
- Mandy Paul, Director Migration Museum, Major Projects, Research & Collections
- Guanmin Hu, Information Management Officer, City of Unley
- Liz Grandmaison, Events Assistant, Flinders University Museum of Art
- Stephen Zagala, Research Fellow, World Cultures South Australian Museum
- Ingrid Goetz, Vernon - Roberts Assistant Curator of Decorative Arts & Design, Art Gallery of South Australia
What do we do?
Each year, the Branch committee organises a variety of networking and professional development events to support its members.
The Branch hosts a regular GLAM networking breakfast with a guest speaker between 8am-9am at The Golden Wattle, Pirie Street, Adelaide, all are welcome to attend. We also host a number of events throughout the year to allow likeminded professionals and those interested in the sector to critically engage with local exhibitions and displays.The dates for our networking breakfast, plus other events can be found listed in the events webpage.
The Branch is always on the lookout for local collaborations and opportunities to connect our members with the SA industry.
Whether you're a member or thinking about becoming a member, we want to know you!
Pease contact the Branch Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org for details of upcoming events and visit us at: