Are you a highly motivated person with a passion for history, customer service and the arts & culture sector. The History Trust of South Australia are seeking a team member to join one of its world-renowned Museums.
The Visitor Engagement Administration Officer (SAMM) is accountable to the Visitor Engagement Manager (SAMM) and assists with the delivery of a highly positive experience of the History Trust of South Australia through its museums.
Key components of the role:
- Support the delivery of the core visitor experience at the museum.
- Assist with the administrative needs of the museum operations and provide assistance as directed by the Visitor Engagement Manager.
- Work collaboratively with the Visitor Engagement Team.
- Organise, modify and report on education bookings at the museum.
- Demonstrate high standards of customer service and actively promote, encourage and foster a positive workplace culture.
- Act as the first point of contact for administration matters pertaining to the smooth running of the museum.
- Under general direction, contribute to the development of social media, including content creation, and promotion of the museums and public programs.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, customer service focussed with a passion for history. Will have sound administrative skills & experience and a flair for creating marketing materials and social media content.
Some out of hour’s work may be required. Occasional weekend work may be required. Engagement in this role is subject to a satisfactory Department of Human Services Working with Children Check. Intrastate and interstate travel may be required, and a current driver’s licence is desirable.
SA Maritime Museum, 126 Lipson St, Port Adelaide SA 5015
To apply for this position, applicants are required to submit a CV, Pre-Employment Declaration, Cover Page (refer application package) and a Capability Statement demonstrating their suitability for the role by addressing the selection criteria (Section B of the Role Statement).
Applicants should include the name, address and contact number of three (3) current referees.
People of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and/or those who have a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications must be made through the I Work For SA website. Job refernce: 561126
This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) maternity leave contract, starting in January 2024, for initially 6 month with possibility of extension.
Enquiries can be directed to Bruno Davids, Visitor Engagement Manager (SAMM) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org