At State Library Victoria, we believe that access to information and stories builds knowledge, strengthens community and inspires our future. Our recent redevelopment transformed our services and spaces, enhancing our role as a driver of Victoria’s education, innovation, tourism and creative industries. As the world enters a time of unprecedented change, this capacity to transform and adapt has never been more important as we support the community to navigate a fundamentally changed, post-COVID-19 world.
- Seeking a highly motivated individual to join an energetic and driven dedicated team in an iconic location!
- Ongoing, full-time opportunity
- Remuneration at VPS 2.1 ($56,271 - $64,268) plus 10.5% Superannuation
About the Opportunity
The Collection Storage and Logistics Technician is responsible for supporting onsite collection housing, shelving and retrieval processes, and reshelving.
The Collection Storage and Logistics Technician will work closely with multiple stakeholders to ensure the delivery of Library services to agreed standards.
The Collection Storage and Logistics Technician is accountable for the following measurable outcomes:
- Supporting the delivery of requested collection material within agreed timeframes and standards, including rare book, picture, manuscript and map collections.
- Contributing to the maintenance and storage of collections to ensure collection items can easily be located by staff.
- Processing collection material to support use.
- Contributing to ongoing improvement of collection logistics workflow to ensure best practice service standards.
With excellent attention to detail skills and a strong collaborative mindset, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate an understanding of library collection logistics and experience with library circulation systems.
You will come to us with:
Demonstrated experience in collection retrieval and reshelving.
State Library Victoria is a child-safe organisation. A valid Working with Children Check will be required before commencing.
State Library Victoria promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, people from cultural and linguistical diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ D/deaf, disabled, neurodiverse people of all ages and abilities to apply.
State Library Victoria offers flexibility in leave entitlements such as leave for personal, family, work and cultural commitments. Please find a link to our Enterprise Partnership Agreement 2020 for more information here.
How to apply
Please submit your application via Careers.Vic, attaching the following documents:
- Cover letter (maximum 3 pages) summarising how you meet the key selection criteria in the Position Description and the About You section of the advertisement.
For a confidential discussion about the opportunity, please contact Collection Storage Manager Robert Waterfall firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with the application process, or to discuss options for internal transfers, please contact the People team at email@example.com.
We want all applicants to have an equal opportunity to demonstrate that they are the best person for the job. If you require an adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, or the provision of a particular access service, please contact our People team on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to make this deadline due to unforeseen personal circumstances, please get in contact to obtain a short extension to the deadline.
Advertisement closes at 11.59pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time on Sunday 26 March 2023
Robert Waterfall, Collection Storage Manager, email@example.com
To apply and view the position description, please click here.