The Memorial’s Research Centre holds the written records of war, both published and unpublished. They manage and provide access to these collections, digitise archival collections and deliver reference and information services about Australian military history, the Memorial and its collections. The Research Centre’s Information Services team contributes strongly to the Memorial’s research and information dissemination activities through the reference enquiry services and contributions to public programs, exhibitions and projects. The section also manages the Research Centre’s collections of publications and serials. The work of the Information Services team supports the Memorial’s aims of helping Australians understand our wartime experience.
Reference Officers work collaboratively within the Information Services team to deliver a wide range of high quality reference and information services both onsite in the Research Centre’s reading room and to our geographically dispersed clients. Reference Officers provide research advice about the Memorial, its collections and Australian military history using a variety of sources including online resources, library and archival collections.
- Deliver high quality reference and information services to Research Centre clients about the Memorial’s collections and Australian military history.
- Delivery of reference and information services, by participating in the reference roster and responding to correspondence received through the reference service systems.
- Support the management of the Research Centre’s collections of publications and serials
- Promotion of Research Centre collections and services to contribute to the community’s understanding of Australia’s wartime experience.
- Includes rostered hours within the standard ordinary hours
- Some out of hours work
The Memorial is committed to workplace diversity and maintains an environment that values the contribution of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. The Memorial welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, veterans, mature age people, people from diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. To be eligible for ongoing or non-ongoing employment, Australian Citizenship is required.
TO APPLY, please visit: https://www.awm.gov.au/get-involved/employment
Applications should be submitted in WORD (.doc or .docx) or .PDF by 11:30 pm (AEST) on 7 February 2023
If you experience any problems with the application system please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6243 4234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on the position, please call the Contact Officer: Shannon Sutton, 02 6243 4584