This recruitment process is for a 24 month pool
We currently have one (1) Permanent Full Time vacancy for immediate filling.
The Western Australian Museum is a vibrant centre of inspiration, learning and enjoyment for everyone. It preserves, documents and shares collections relating to the State’s natural and cultural heritage. It collaborates with people across Western Australia to share the stories and voices of diverse communities. It works alongside national and international organisations, contributing to global research, promoting life-long learning, and developing and hosting world-class exhibitions.
About the role
Use your data management skills to help the world access our trove of biological and cultural collection data. Join the Museum at an exciting moment as we implement a new centralised collection data management platform, and help us:
- Implement and perform technical migrations and aggregation of data from digital platforms using ETL processes.
- Support curatorial staff to improve data and media management processes and enhance the functionality of data management systems.
- Carry out analytical (data cleansing) procedures aimed at detecting and correcting inaccuracies and inconsistencies in existing and newly created digital records.
- Enhance existing, and create new, digital collection assets.
We are looking for an individual with strong data management skills with an interest in biological and cultural collections. The successful applicant will be expected to be able to:
- Carry out ETL (Extract Transform and Load) processes including scripting, pipelines and SQL (Structured Query Language).
- Manage organisational policies and technical issues associated with migrating data in a networked environment, and
- Train and/or support other users in the service delivery environment.
If you would like further information on this opportunity please contact, Evan Rogers Coordinator of Collection Management, (08) 9212 3778.