Have you ever wanted to work in a museum? Do you have an interest in maritime, migration or motoring history? Are you a confident public speaker? The History Trust of SA is recruiting Casual Visitor Engagement Officers for its SA Maritime Museum in Port Adelaide, the Migration Museum in Adelaide CBD, and the National Motor Museum at Birdwood in the Adelaide Hills. If you have excellent customer service skills and enjoy giving history a future now, we want you to join our team.
Visitor Engagement Officers are ambassadors for our museums and are responsible for the delivery of visitor services and ensuring the effective and efficient day-to-day operations and functions of our museums.
Key Role Components
- Deliver core visitor experiences at our museums, including guided tours and education programs.
- Assist with the administrative needs of the museum.
- Assist in the evaluation, implementation and design of education and public programs.
- Assist with the development of social media content and the promotion of the museums.
- Contribute to the operation of our retail outlets.
- Identify and assist with the routine maintenance requirements of the museum and troubleshooting issues as they develop and maintain the security and integrity of the museum.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the museum and undertake curatorial cleaning and minor maintenance of displays and equipment.
- Under limited direction, assist with the movement of objects and the transportation, installation and dismantling of exhibitions and displays
Some out of hours work may be required. Weekend work will be required. Engagement in this role is subject to a satisfactory Department of Human Services Working with Children Check. Intrastate and interstate travel may be required and a current driver’s licence is desirable.
Desirable – Current First Aid Certificate
- SA Maritime Museum, Lipson Street, Port Adelaide
- National Motor Museum, Shannon Street, Birdwood
- Migration Museum, Kintore Avenue, Adelaide
To apply for this position, applicants are required to submit a CV, Pre-Employment Declaration, Cover Page (refer application package) and a Capability Statement demonstrating their suitability for the role by addressing the selection criteria (Section B of the Role Statement).
Applicants should include the name, address and contact number of three (3) current referees.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via the I Work for SA website. Job reference: 500158.
Enquiries may be addressed to Carolyn Donaghey, Manager of Museums on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org