About the position:
· Permanent full-time
· Flexible working arrangements available
· Competitive remuneration package
This position has a pivotal role in the development and delivery of exhibitions at the Riddoch Arts and Cultural Centre (RACC). Reporting to the Manager of the RACC, the position will be responsible for the administration of exhibitions, including agreements, loans, freight, installation, and other technical aspects. The role manages the display, care, and storage of a significant collection, as well as being responsible for the maintenance of a heritage listed building. This role supervises the Curatorial Team including volunteers.
This position is offered on a full-time permanent basis, classified at Level 5 (currently $89,716.12 - $93,526.16 per annum) of the City of Mount Gambier Administration Staff Agreement No.11 2020 or its successor enterprise agreement.
· Experience developing and maintaining art collections including knowledge of current museum exhibition principles and practices and demonstrated experience of international museum standards for the handling, storage, registration, display packing, and conservation of cultural collections.
· Proven experience in exhibition coordination and project management in the development and delivery of exhibitions.
· Experience supervising a team.
· Demonstrated knowledge and appreciation of art, history, and visual culture.
· Strong presentation and writing skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
· Excellent organisational skills, and a self-starter with initiative, problem solving skills and the ability to work well in a team.
· Proven administration skills with a high level of attention to detail, time management skills, and experience using collection management systems
What we offer:
Mount Gambier is the second largest city in South Australia and provides a perfect balance between the vibrant lifestyle of a big city and the comforts of a small town. Packed with beautiful natural resources including the iconic Blue Lake/Warwar, caves, sinkholes, parks and gardens. This is an idyllic location to enjoy work/life balance, only 20 minutes from the beach.
This role presents an opportunity to advance your career in a supportive environment. The City of Mount Gambier is an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
The successful candidate will enjoy:
· Ongoing professional development and training,
· A supportive and friendly team environment,
· Career development opportunities,
· Active social club,
· Flexible work arrangements,
· Positive work/life balance, and
· Corporate income protection insurance.
Positions are subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and pre-employment health screening.
The City of Mount Gambier is an equal opportunity employer committed to continuous improvement as a culturally safe and supportive workplace. We strongly encourage members of our First Nations community to apply.
For a confidential conversation please call:
Manager Riddoch Arts and Cultural Centre
0418 412 342
Further information about the position, including the position description, which identifies key competencies and selection criteria, is available from City of Mount Gambier website: https://www.mountgambier.sa.gov.au/council/careers
Applications must specifically address the key competencies and selection criteria and be submitted with a resume including contact details for at least three referees.
Applications close: Friday 19 August 2022 at 5:00pm.
Applications must be submitted via email to:
Organisational Department Team