As a Museum and Gallery Assistant, you will be contributing to routine gallery and museum operations and assisting with the of exciting public programs and events. From tours, art studios, tributes and family-friendly events - your duties will be varied! The successful candidates may be required to work across multiple locations within the Moreton Bay Region. Locations include:
- Redcliffe Museum
- Pine Rivers Heritage Museum
- Bribie Island Seaside Museum
- Pine Rivers Art Gallery
- Caboolture Regional Art Gallery
- Redcliffe Art Gallery
We are seeking passionate and experienced candidates that understand and are familiar with the operations of a visitor-focussed cultural facility.
With this, we are specifically seeking new team members with well-developed skills and experience in exhibition installation, art and object handing, and front desk experience.
· Working with Children Check (Blue Card).
· Current driver’s licence.
Hours of Work
Galleries are open to the public Tuesday - Saturday, 10am to 4pm.
Museums are open to the public Wednesday to Friday, 10am to 4pm; Saturday and Sunday, 10am - 3pm.
In addition to open to the public hours, there can be need to work the hours of install (Monday - Friday 8am to 3pm) as well as the individual requirements of events and programs.
It is important that you note your current availability within your application. We will only be seeking to progress candidates that have the flexibility that we require.
Location: Various locations within Moreton Bay
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 8 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Remuneration: $37.70per hour + Super (up to 12%) + leave loading [BT1] (penalty rates apply for weekend work)
*Applications will close midnight, Sunday 19 June 2022.
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what’s happening in our region, follow us on Linked In - Moreton Bay Regional Council Linked In.
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
· Discounted Health Insurance.
· Free flu vaccinations every year
· Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
· We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
· Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
· Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
· We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our mates and construction program.
· Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you![BT2]
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply Now' button on our website to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
For further information please contact Rikki Scriven, Moreton Bay Regional Council on (07) 3480 6889 or email the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.