ACT Historic Places is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Public Programs Producer as part of the Visitor Engagement and Interpretation team. The team is responsible for delivering innovative exhibitions, learning and public programs, and visitor and commercial services across Lanyon Homestead, Calthorpes' House, and Mugga Mugga Cottage – three of Canberra’s most significant cultural sites and museums. This role is responsible for planning and delivering innovative public programs and events to in-house, online and outreach audiences to increase access and understanding of each cultural site, their collections, landscapes, people, stories, and values. Programs will range from small, specialised workshops, to online programs, through to large scale multi-day events. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of Canberra’s growth in cultural tourism and education.
- Marketing, sales and/or event management qualifications is desirable.
- Education qualifications or experience is essential.
- Must possess a current driver’s licence.
- First Aid Certificate and Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 essential (or willingness to obtain these). For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to - Working with vulnerable people (WWVP) registration (act.gov.au)
- Be able to work weekends, public holidays across three independent sites in the ACT if required.
Note: This is a part-time permanent position available at 22.30 hours per week and the full-time salary noted above will be paid pro-rata.
How to Apply: To apply please provide a two-page pitch telling us what you would bring to our team addressing the Position Description, a copy of your current curriculum vitae, and the contact details of two referees.
Applications should be submitted via the Jobs ACT website.
Anne Brake on email@example.com or 0438 445 141