- Temporary, up to 2 years with the potential for ongoing
- Full time
- Sydney CBD
- Assistant Registrar Grade 1
- Total Remuneration Package up to $85,917
- Salary range ($62,839 to $77,073)
Established in 1871, the Art Gallery of New South Wales is located in Sydney’s The Domain adjacent to the Royal Botanic Garden and near the Central Business District, the Gallery acknowledges the original custodians of this land – the Gadigal people of the Eora nation. The Gallery attracts around 1.4 million visitors annually and runs Australia’s largest education program with over 90,000 student and teacher visits per year.
With the approval of our expansion project, the Gallery is poised to deliver a new state-of-the-art building, located next to our existing and much-loved building. Providing us with close to double the current exhibition space, the expanded Gallery will enable us to share more art with more people and provide more family, learning and educational programming for all our audiences.
To help us achieve our ambition, we are seeking diverse, collaborative, supportive and brilliant individuals to work alongside our existing talent and build on our rich history to create an even more inspiring Gallery for the future.
For more information about the Gallery and our future, please visit our website www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au
Our commitment to diversity
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultures and people with a disability.
About the Role
Provide administrative and installation support for the registration functions of medium and large scale exhibitions. This role undertakes registration activities for small scale exhibitions, including organising logistics, producing and archiving documentation, and coordinating the installation of borrowed artworks within agreed risk management parameters.
For more information about the role please view the role description and information for applicants or call the nominated contact person listed in the advertisement.
What technical / soft skills you require
- Tertiary degree in art history or fine arts, with postgraduate qualifications in museum studies/arts administration, and/or experience in an organisational/administrative role in a museum or gallery.
- Demonstrable administration and communication skills with the ability to organise and coordinate.
- Demonstrated ability to work with advanced computer software including Excel spreadsheets and relational databases
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence.
- Please describe how you manage tasks assigned to you and a situation where you had to quickly change your plan because of new priorities. (maximum 300 words)
- Provide an example of when you worked in a collaborative environment on concurrent projects with multiple deadlines. Outline how you were able to manage your responsibilities to ensure the deadlines were met (max 300 words)
Part of the assessment process may include additional online capability testing, skills testing or work samples in accordance with the new Government Sector Employment Act 2013, therefore you may be contacted to participate.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a National Police Records Check, refer to link; https://npcoapr.police.nsw.gov.au/aspx/dataentry/Introduction.aspx
Department of Premier and Cabinet expects all applicants who can be safely vaccinated for COVID 19, to be so.
If you require further details about this role, please contact Caroline Geraghty, at email@example.com.
Applications must be lodged electronically via the iworkfor.nsw.gov.au website. Applications submitted via email will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications 14 December 2021 – we strongly recommend to submit by 4pm as there is no support available after 5pm. Late submissions may not be accepted due to technical issues if you have attempted submission after 4pm on the final close day
Please apply via - https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/job/assistant-registrar-grade-1-285723