- Temporary, up to 2 years
- Full time
- Sydney CBD
- Registrar Grade
- Total Remuneration Package up to $118,913
- Salary range ($89,215 to $106,672)
Established in 1871, the Art Gallery of New South Wales is located in Sydney’s The Domain adjacent to the Royal Botanic Garden and near the Central Business District, the Gallery acknowledges the original custodians of this land – the Gadigal people of the Eora nation. The Gallery attracts around 1.4 million visitors annually and runs Australia’s largest education program with over 90,000 student and teacher visits per year.
With the approval of our expansion project, the Gallery is poised to deliver a new state-of-the-art building, located next to our existing and much-loved building. Providing us with close to double the current exhibition space, the expanded Gallery will enable us to share more art with more people and provide more family, learning and educational programming for all our audiences.
To help us achieve our ambition, we are seeking diverse, collaborative, supportive and brilliant individuals to work alongside our existing talent and build on our rich history to create an even more inspiring Gallery for the future.
For more information about the Gallery and our future, please visit our website www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au
Our commitment to diversity
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultures and people with a disability.
About the Role
Perform a range of exhibition registration activities and services to support the achievement of Divisional and overall Art Gallery of NSW objectives.
For more information about the role please view the role description and information for applicants or call the nominated contact person listed in the advertisement.
What technical / soft skills you require
- Educated to degree (or equivalent) level or able to demonstrate equivalent thinking ability gained through experience.
- Proven experience of working to national museum standards for transportation, packing, handling and environmental requirements and an understanding of government indemnity and commercial insurance.
- Excellent project management skills including scheduling, deadline management, budget and risk management, with proven ability to work well under pressure.
- Proven experience of collection management auditing, documentation and cataloguing and working with collection management database systems.
- Highly effective interpersonal, communication and influencing skills, including the ability to communicate diplomatically and effectively at all levels, both internally across both organisations and with external partners.
- Experience of working collaboratively across teams, demonstrating a flexible, collegiate approach, with the ability to manage and motivate people.
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence
- Provide an example of a successful exhibition in which you worked collaboratively with other team members to optimise deliverables for internal or external stakeholders and the organisation as a whole. (300 words)
- Provide an example of how you used your communication and organisational skills to manage a number of conflicting priorities and deadlines at once, successfully meeting the expectations of stakeholders. (300 words)
Part of the assessment process may include additional online capability testing, skills testing or work samples in accordance with the new Government Sector Employment Act 2013, therefore you may be contacted to participate.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a National Police Records Check, refer to link; https://npcoapr.police.nsw.gov.au/aspx/dataentry/Introduction.aspx
Department of Premier and Cabinet expects all applicants who can be safely vaccinated for COVID 19, to be so.
If you require further details about this role, please contact Caroline Geraghty, at email@example.com.
Applications must be lodged electronically via the iworkfor.nsw.gov.au website. Applications submitted via email will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications 7 December 2021 – we strongly recommend to submit by 4pm as there is no support available after 5pm. Late submissions may not be accepted due to technical issues if you have attempted submission after 4pm on the final close day
Please apply via https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/job/registrar-grade-1-285735