- Work in a small high functioning team
- Ongoing, APS 3 position
- 15.4% employer superannuation contribution
The National Capital Authority (NCA) is the Australian Government agency dedicated to ensuring that Canberra is planned and designed in accordance with its significance as the National Capital.
Within the NCA is the National Capital Exhibition, an educational and tourism organization which focuses its works on fostering an awareness and appreciation of Canberra by telling the Story of Canberra as the capital city of Australia. The National Capital Exhibition’s school education program hosts over 60,000 school children each year as well as tourists who visit the Canberra region. In addition to its permanent collection, it has a rotating exhibition and a series of educational and public program tours of the places and spaces within the National Triangle such as Blundells Cottage, The National Carillon, Anzac Parade and Reconciliation Place.
The National Capital Exhibition team performs topic and audience research, creates the goals and narratives for exhibitions and then delivers them to audiences through tours and information sessions.
The person we are looking for has excellent customer service skills. They enjoy giving presentations and guided walking tours to school groups and adults and are flexible and resilient. They enjoy working in a small team, take guidance well but are also self-motivated. They are well organized and competent in using booking systems.
They will have:
- Experience in the management of group bookings, and knowledge of the Book Canberra Excursions portal or similar booking software would be advantageous.
- Experience and knowledge of the tourism/hospitality or educational tourism industries is desirable
- Display initiative, flexibility and resilience in a changing workplace environment with competing priorities
- Demonstrate experience working in a customer service environment
- Possess strong communication skills, including highly developed written and oral communication skills and,
- Possess good time management skills with an ability to multitask and reprioritise focus at short notice.
Under general direction:
- Provide exemplary standard of customer service at the National Capital Exhibition, on the phone, online and as required.
- Deliver education programs and guided walking tours to a wide visitor demographic, including schools and special interest groups.
- Assist in the operation of the NCA's Attractions, including opening and closing the facilities, supervising front of house staff and volunteers, performing administration duties.
- Operate the exhibitions booking system, provide reports, and collect statistics as required.
- Provide administrative assistance and general support to exhibition management.
- Participate as a constructive member of the National Capital Authority and provide reasonable support with Branch functions as required
Before submitting your application you must obtain the application requirements and selection criteria from our website at www.nca.gov.au. The contact officer can provide further information about the duties of the position if required.
Closing Date: 17th October, 2021
Roslyn Hull - E: firstname.lastname@example.org