Manager Riddoch Arts & Cultural Centre
Key Strategic Management Role
City of Mount Gambier has an outstanding opportunity for an innovative and creative manager committed to delivering exceptional outcomes for the Riddoch Arts & Cultural Centre.
- Full-time/fixed term (5 year) contract.
- Flexible working arrangements available, including monthly RDO.
- Competitive remuneration package will be offered based on the skill set and experience of the successful candidate.
About the role
The Manager Riddoch Arts & Cultural Centre (The Riddoch) provides organisational leadership to collaboratively set and drive the vision, direction and strategy for The Riddoch and broader cultural facilities. This position will work closely with The Riddoch Arts & Cultural Trust (RACT) to deliver its objectives, ensuring ongoing sustainability of The Riddoch.
This position manages The Riddoch team and works collaboratively with all areas of Council to achieve innovative and creative arts and cultural outcomes for the community.
What we offer
Mount Gambier, the second largest city in South Australia, is a perfect balance between the vibrant lifestyle of a big city and comforts of a small town. Packed with beautiful natural resources including the iconic Blue Lake, many caves, sinkholes, parks and gardens. This is an idyllic location to enjoy a real work life balance only 20 minutes from the beach.
This key role presents an opportunity to advance your career in a supportive environment whilst having the capacity to impact and effect organisational change.
- Relevant qualification/s from a tertiary institution, plus substantial relevant experience managing a team to deliver arts and cultural services.
- Proven experience working with a board to develop and deliver on its vision including increasing revenue streams for sustainability.
- Proven experience managing grant funding including writing grant applications, administering and acquitting grants.
- Significant experience developing and maintaining an innovative, continuing program of accessible, inclusive, quality exhibitions and associated educational events and activities, including outreach.
- Proven experience in collection development and management.
- Facilitative leadership qualities to drive arts and cultural strategies in the City of Mount Gambier, region and beyond.
- Highly developed people management skills with a focus on change management including building resilience in people encouraging them to thrive during change.
- Financial management skills.
If you are successful in this role, you will enjoy:
- Ongoing professional development and training,
- A supportive and friendly team environment,
- Career development opportunities,
- Active Social Club,
- Flexible work arrangements; Positive work/life balance,
- Corporate income protection insurance.
Council is an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity in the workplace.
Positions are subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and pre-employment health screening.
Further information about the position, including the position description which identifies key competencies and selection criteria, is available from City of Mount Gambier website www.mountgambier.sa.gov.au/careers
Applications must specifically address the key competencies and selection criteria and be submitted with a resume including contact details for at least three referees.
Applications close: Friday 10 September 2021 at 5:00pm.
Applications must be submitted via email to:
Organisational Department Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential conversation please call:
Acting General Manager Community Wellbeing
0438 808 365