At Fraser Coast Regional Council our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our vision to Build Better Communities.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking a motivated and qualified Gallery Director to manage the Hervey Bay Regional Gallery.
The ideal candidate will be an innovative professional who has extensive experience in public gallery management. Strong leadership capability is required to motivate a small team and an engaged arts community to implement the Hervey Bay Regional Gallery Strategic Plan 2021-2026. The Gallery Director will re-engage with the community and re-establish industry partnerships to ensure a smooth reopening after a period of closure.
What you should have to apply:
- Degree or post graduate-level degree (AQF level 7 or above) in Visual Arts, Fine Arts, Arts Management, the Creative Industries or other related discipline.
- Experience managing a Council operated regional gallery or cultural venue
- Demonstrated successful track record in planning and delivering high quality, contemporary exhibitions and public programming
- Demonstrated administrative experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of contemporary arts and culture and the Australian public gallery sector and awareness of future trends
- Outstanding work ethic
- Driven to succeed
- Queensland Class “C” drivers’ licence