Join an award winning team and contribute to the creative development of new landmark cultural experiences. This fixed term position is in the Exhibition Interpretation Department of Museums Victoria, with exciting career prospects to grow and develop.
ABOUT MUSEUMS VICTORIA:
Museums Victoria is a diverse and exciting place to work. Across our venues - Melbourne Museum, Royal Exhibition Building, Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, Melbourne Planetarium and IMAX cinemas – we present unique and exceptional experiences for more than 2 million visitors each year, who come from all over Australia and around the world to be inspired and to learn about themselves and the universe we inhabit.
To learn more about Museums Victoria, please visit https://museumsvictoria.com.au/about-us/
Australia's largest public museum organisation is seeking a Spatial Design Manager to contribute creative leadership in environmental storytelling to the shaping and delivery of exhibitions at Melbourne Museum including a multisensory immersive experience in the museum’s 1,000m2 Touring Hall and an outdoor palaeontological adventure for families.
Key duties of this role include:
1. Developing and executing innovative spatial design and scenographic solutions for exhibition experiences
2. Facilitating iterative collaborative practice within multi-disciplinary creative teams
3. Leading, cultivating and strengthening the work of the Spatial Design team
Please see our Role Statement for a copy of the full Key Selection Criteria and Duties.
This role is a full-time, fixed-term position for 18 months. The salary on offer is $98,396 per annum (Base of grade) plus 10% superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the position description, visit https://museumsvictoria.com.au/careers/
For more information about this position, please contact Hamish Palmer (Head, Exhibition & Interpretation) on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit the following:
- A Cover letter that outlines your interest in this role.
- A current CV detailing relevant experience.
- A document that outlines your own written responses to our Key Selection Criteria.
- Examples of your design work.
Please note: Applications that do not include the above elements will not be considered.
Applications Close: Monday, 9 August 2021
Hamish Palmer (Head, Exhibition & Interpretation) - Email: email@example.com