The Sydney Jewish Museum runs an education program for school students, university students, teachers and professionals. With over 30,000 participants in these programs annually, educators facilitate programs focusing on Holocaust history, Human Rights and Jewish history and culture, showcasing the Museum’s collection.
This full-time position would suit an educator with experience developing and delivering education programs and working with volunteers. This position also offers the unique opportunity of working with Holocaust survivors.
· Teaching the Museum's education programs, including workshops, working with Holocaust survivors to share their testimony and helping to co-ordinate volunteers on the Museum floor.
· Research, write and develop education programs with particular emphasis on the NSW and national curriculum.
· Support and develop NESA accredited professional development programs for teachers
· With the guidance of the Head of Education, develop and coordinate projects which assess the quality of current education programs and improve their outcome.
· Liaise with teachers.
· Assist in providing ongoing education to volunteer guides.
· Assist with other tasks in support of Museum education / operations as required.
· Contribute to marketing for Education programs.
· Experience teaching primary, secondary and/or tertiary students
· Experience teaching Holocaust history, Human Rights and/or Jewish History
· Knowledge of the relevant NSW curriculum and the Australian curriculum
· Knowledge of the NSW Education Standards Authority teacher professional development requirements.
· Experience in designing, developing and delivering education programs
· Proven ability to work cooperatively with staff and volunteers
· Excellent communication and computer skills
· The relevant tertiary qualifications
· Experience working in museum education is beneficial but not essential.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com or contact Dr Rebecca Kummerfeld on 0414 211 456.
Applications close on August 16th.