An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced museum professional to lead a small team of staff and volunteers at the York Residency Museum.
The role includes exhibition research, development and maintenance; collections care, research and development; provision of educational programmes, publications and collection access and Museum management, administration and organisational responsibilities.
The successful candidate will require:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. museum studies, cultural heritage, history, arts.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a curatorial role with strong knowledge of audience–centric strategies for interpretation and storytelling in an immersive and participatory way.
- Sound knowledge of industry standards relating to the conservation, handling and display of museum collections and archives.
- Proven ability to manage and negotiate relationships with internal and external stakeholders from a range of backgrounds, and experience in the supervision of volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and achieve targets.
- Demonstrated administrative ability in managing budgets and maintaining good records.
- Strong computer literacy including the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Hold current C class drivers licence.
A position description for this role is available on the Shire’s website at www.york.wa.gov.au.
A national police clearance and pre-employment medical will be required prior to an offer of employment. All Shire positions are subject to a three-month probation period.
Further information regarding this position is available by contacting Carol Littlefair or Alina Behan on 9641 0500.
How to apply:
To apply for this role please forward a cover letter addressing the requirements of the role together with a copy of your updated resume including two recent referees to:
Chief Executive Officer
Shire of York
PO Box 22
York WA 6302 or Email: email@example.com
Applications close: 4.00pm on Monday 2 August 2021.
The Shire values diversity in its workforce and encourages applications from all age groups and cultural backgrounds.
Further information regarding this position is available by contacting Carol Littlefair or Alina Behan on 9641 0500