Australian Museums and Galleries Association Incorporated (AMaGA) is the national association and peak advocacy body representing museums and galleries. AMaGA has a National Office as well as branches in every state and territory. People who work for AMaGA develop skills and networks within the sector and regularly move on to museum and gallery jobs.
AMaGA seeks a Finance and General Administration Assistant to work in its National Office in Canberra. Our work is interesting and requires a degree of flexibility. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with strong organisational and office skills and interpersonal ability. The successful candidate will be familiar with working on complex Excel spreadsheets and experience with MYOB would be an advantage.
This position assists with general office and financial administration, under the direction of the National Operations Manager. A significant part of this role is to assist with the administration of our CHART grant program.
This position is part-time for a one-year contract at approx. .8FTE (28 hours per week).
- Answer telephone enquiries
- Assist with redirecting email enquiries to the appropriate staff member including the CHART grant officers in specific Australian states.
- MYOB transactional data input
- Assisting the National Director and National Operations Manager with general administration tasks including travel arrangements, organising meetings, meeting support, research and other tasks as directed.
1 year contract
Based in Canberra
28 hours per week, flexible work hours
$27 per hour $52,650 per annum pro rata ($39,300) plus super
To Apply for this position you will need to provide:
- Cover letter up to one page
Send your application to email@example.com
Contact National Operations Manager Ms Lee Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.