Visitor Experience Host - APS Level 3 - $60294 - $64533 - Several Non-ongoing Positions - Part Time and Casual
We are looking for several Visitor Experience Hosts to work on part-time or casual basis. These non-ongoing employment opportunities are available to all members of the community.
These non-ongoing positions will be available on a casual basis as well as part time basis for an initial period of 12 months with the possibility of extension. The part time non-ongoing positions will work three days per week (Monday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Friday) with alternating weekend work. Conditions of service, including overtime rates, are set out by the Royal Australian Mint Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019.
Sales, Marketing and Innovation Branch
The RAM Sales, Marketing and Innovation Branch is responsible for collector coin product development, corporate and custom minting, direct, wholesale and retail sales, advertising, market research and innovation within the organisation. This branch also delivers a gallery experience as a tourist attraction complemented by educational programs and tour groups.
Education and Visitor Services Section
The Education and Visitor Services Section promotes public understanding about the cultural, technical and historical significance of coins. The section delivers programs to the public, including a school education program, exhibitions and public programs which highlight various aspects of coins.
Individual role within the Team
Visitor Experience Hosts are the public faces of the Mint, responsible for engaging with visitors and sharing stories related to coin history and manufacture. This includes offering tours to the Mint’s 360,000 yearly visitors (over 65,000 of whom are school students) and informal interaction with individual guests. Hosts will develop an understanding of Mint product releases, the historical coins in the National Coin Collection and the operations of the Mint factory. They will impart this knowledge to visitors in a manner which positively reflects the Mint’s brand.
Tours are presented to preschool, primary and secondary school groups, universities, seniors groups, international tour groups and special interest groups. In filling this role, Visitor Experience Host are required to be available to work at least one weekend day a fortnight and public holidays as required.
Under general direction, duties include:
- Present educational and informative sessions to a variety of groups, including school groups, general visitors, universities, seniors groups, special interest groups and VIPs
- Interact one-on-one with visitors to the Mint’s exhibition space, offering a personalised experience
- Staff the front desk, welcoming visitors and offering an introduction to the Mint’s public facilities
- Have an understanding of COVID-19 regulations including ensuring visitors check-in upon arrival, implementing physical distancing and the use of hand sanitiser
- Work at special events and facilitate public programs as required
- Assist with devising or developing projects when the opportunity arises
- Undertake administrative and research based tasks when required
The successful applicant will need to have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience presenting to members of the public, school groups and special interest groups in an engaging way
- Excellent presentation skills
- Working with Vulnerable People registration will be mandatory
- Knowledge of the national curriculum or experience working in a museum or gallery setting would be an advantage
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Further information can be found in the Role Description and Advertising Wording documents.
To apply for this position, please submit:
- A current resume including the contact details of two referees.
- A personal details form (can be obtained on our website at www.ramint.gov.au or on this page). This must be completed and submitted with your application so that we can assess your eligibility for employment.
- A one page pitch describing how your skills and experience make you the best person for the position and what value you can add to the Mint. Specifically, please provide details and/or examples on the role description above.
Information on applying for a job in the Australian Public Service can also be found at the Employment page of our website. Applicants must be Australian Citizens and be prepared to undergo and maintain a police check and/or a security clearance to the appropriate level.
Please note: The full-time salary noted above will be pro-rata.
For more information on the role, please contact Ms Holly Anderson (02) 6202 8722.