As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1800 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Our Cultural Services (CS) Department includes Galleries, Museums and Heritage, Libraries and Cultural Activation. This vibrant area of Council has over 1.5 million visits per annum and is growing its offering to the residents and visitors of the region. CS is using brave ideas to deliver engaging spaces and creative experiences across the whole Region.
About the Opportunity:
As our Heritage and Museums Coordinator you will, provide strategic planning & leadership for our Museum and Heritage services to ensure the delivery of contemporary & dynamic venues, exhibitions and programs which provide positive engagement & visitor experience to our community.
Our new role leads the history and heritage function for Council as well as Pine Rivers Heritage Museum, Bribie Island Seaside Museum and Redcliffe Museum. The Museums and Heritage Coordinator will lead a strong team to ensure we offer exceptional levels of visitor experience through our history services, exhibitions and programs. This is a great opportunity for someone to come into our team with fresh ideas and take ownership of this role!
In addition, you will:
- provide leadership to the heritage team to ensure an integrated approach to heritage services and programs, including Local Studies, across museums and libraries
- plan and coordinate museum and heritage projects relating to operational systems, service delivery, team capability and buildings and facilities
- build relationships across a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders and partners to achieve optimal service outcomes
- lead and develop the Museums and Heritage team to achieve a culture of high performance, continuous improvement, innovation and accountability
Manage Museum and Heritage staffing resources, collections, budgets, building and facilities to ensure alignment with desired service outcomes and defined accountabilities
We are seeking a talented leader to join our team and continue to positively grow the availability of our cultural services & tourism for the region. You will have a tertiary qualification in Arts, Culture or Heritage studies or substantial relevant experience as well as a passion for improving our capability and capacity by driving the performance of our teams.
You will have:
- significant experience with the strategic intent and operations related to Museum and Heritage Services
- extensive experience in managing and developing a high-performance team in a complex service and technical environment and developing individual and team capabilities
- experience in the development and implementation of strategy, policy and budgets (e.g. projects; buildings); in line with financial and legislative requirements
- exposure and experience in the guidance and development of programming - working within and local and contemporary context
- the ability to build and foster excellent working relationships with all stakeholders internally and across the industry
- have a passion to continual development of visitor experience, engagement, connection with community & cultural tourism
This role with Council offers excellent working conditions, generous employer funded superannuation benefits (up to 12%) and a 9 day fortnight in addition to four weeks paid annual leave per year. Council’s work locations have local parking.
Term:Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A)- Level 8 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Location:Various across Moreton Bay Region
- From $107,954 pa up to $122,169
- leave loading
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- 4 weeks annual leave
- This position requires the successful applicant to be available to work any 5 out of 7 days as part of the ordinary hours.
- May involve evenings and events.
- The appointed wage level will be dependent upon the successful candidates level of experience, skills and qualifications.
This role will be based at one of the three Museums with a requirement to work across multiple locations within our region.
To obtain further details please contact our Onboarding Team firstname.lastname@example.org