This position is responsible for planning and coordinating public facing programs of Parramatta Artists’ Studios and supporting the activities of the Studios.
Parramatta Artists’ Studios is an initiative of City of Parramatta Council. It provides a supportive studio environment for artists to develop their practices whilst also connecting them with a community of peers and arts professionals. Through the public program, the Studios provide participation and engagement opportunities for artists as well as communities from Parramatta and beyond, contributing significantly to Parramatta’s vibrant culture.
On a daily basis you will:
- Develop, plan, program and deliver public programs including workshops, activities, tours, talks and events based at the Artists’ Studio or in other locations.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with contractors required to deliver public programs, including seeking quotes and finalising procurement requirements for all contractor and suppliers.
- Identify and coordinate media, marketing and promotional opportunities which arise from public programs and activities.
- Tertiary qualifications in Art, Museum Studies, Communications, Events Management or equivalent competencies gained through career and industry experience.
- Experience in a variety of settings such as galleries, museums, artists’ studios, visitor services, hospitality and venue management.
- Experience in the planning and delivery of innovative public programs within an arts environment.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of the operational aspects of venues and/or public events, including engaging contractors, site operations, risk management etc.
- Experience developing and maintaining internal and external partnership relationships to deliver public programs.
What’s on offer
We are offering an attractive salary from $75,797.84 p.a. plus Super. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria.
Applications close 11:30pm, Sunday 17 January 2021 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
City of Parramatta Council embraces diversity and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Multicultural backgrounds and people with disability. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Carla Theunissen on (02) 9806 5325.