As a member of the Digital Experience team, and under the guidance of the Content Manager, the Digital Projects Officer will play a key role supporting the ongoing delivery of digital projects including Places of Pride, the National Register of War Memorials.
The position involves internal and external stakeholder engagement, the planning and delivery of high value promotional initiatives, development and delivery of website and social media content, and moderation of user generated web content.
In addition, the Digital Projects Officer will work as part of a close team providing support to the Content Manager on the creation of email newsletters and other digital content as required.
The successful candidate will be a great communicator with proven experience in creating, editing and publishing a diverse range of digital content in a cultural institution, corporate or government environment. They will be able work flexibly in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment and will take responsibility for seeing their work through to completion.
Qualifications and/or experience in communications, marketing, journalism, media (or a related field), are essential.
Plan and implement promotional activities for Places of Pride to encourage public contributions to the website, including managing community and stakeholder relationships.
· Plan, create and publish social media and web content for Places of Pride, in line with the Memorial’s Digital Engagement Strategy and Digital Content Plan.
· Monitor, moderate and respond to user generated web content and related email and phone correspondence.
· Undertake website and social media analysis, report insights, and identify future trends for engagement.
· Support the delivery of digital projects, such as podcasts and 360 degree video content, by developing scripts, writing supporting online content, and other work as required.
· Deliver time-critical work under broad direction, working flexibly and co-operatively in a team.
· Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members, volunteers and work experience students.
· Some out-of-hours and weekend social media monitoring is required in this role.
For further information on the position, please call Andrew Heaney on 02 6423 4349