The National Archives of Australia are looking for a Manager with collection management experience within the galleries, libraries, archives and museums (GLAM) sector to work alongside our existing professional and diverse team in the Collection Operations sub-section of the Victoria office at our Burwood East facility. The Collection Operations sub-section is responsible for managing services and projects relating to the digitisation, storage, lending, transfer, preservation and description of archival records to ensure the long-term accessibility and preservation of nationally significant Australian Government information.
This role has responsibility to implement work plans, setting tasks and priorities, managing work flow, projects, and allocating resources for the delivery of services in accordance with the aims of the National Digitisation, Storage, Description, Preservation and Transfer Strategies. The position is also expected to build team capacity through coaching, training, performance feedback; and encouraging career development as well as identify innovative solutions to resolve or mitigate problems, and contribute to managing change and uncertainty in the workplace.
Under limited direction the main duties of the role are to:
- Implement work plans for the section including setting tasks and priorities, managing work flow, managing projects, and allocating resources for the delivery of services in accordance with the aims of the National Digitisation, Storage, Description, Preservation and Transfer Strategies.
- Build team capacity through coaching, training, performance feedback; and encouraging career development. Provide advice, support, and assistance to employees in relation to delivering lending, digitisation, description, transfer and storage services, ensuring compliance with service standards to assist the National Archives meet its objectives.
- Provide regular reporting to the team and management as required, draft and review policies and procedures, and exercise delegations under appropriate legislation.
- Develop and maintain effective, professional relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders relating to digitisation, storage, description, preservation and transfer of archival records.
- Identify innovative solutions to resolve or mitigate problems, and contribute to managing change and uncertainty in the workplace.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in archival management, digitisation and preservation tools, technologies and practices.
- Apply the principles of APS Values, Code of Conduct, workplace diversity principles, work health and safety and participative management within a work and team environment.
- Promote and apply the National Archives’ Vision, Mission and Commitments as expressed in The Archives Way.
Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience working with a collection in the galleries, libraries, archives and museums (GLAM) sector is highly desirable.
Eligibility: Applicants must be Australian citizens and be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1.
How to apply: Applications must be submitted via our online e-recruitment system. Applicants must in 1000 words or less outline the skills and relevant experience you would bring to this role. Please refer to the position description for this role.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: https://www.apsc.gov.au/recruitability
Contact Officer - Detlev Lueth, Assistant Director Collection Operations, email@example.com, (03) 9881 6812