Ongoing – Full-time - APS4
The Australian War Memorial
The Australian War Memorial combines a shrine, a world-class museum, and an extensive archive. The Memorial's purpose is to commemorate the sacrifice of those Australians who have died in war or on operational service and those who have served our nation in times of conflict. Its mission is leading remembrance and understanding of Australia’s wartime experience.
Under general direction of the Assistant Registrar this position coordinates the loans program which includes complex Registration tasks including borrower and lender liaison, internal communication, documentation, packing and logistics. The work can also involve other core Registration tasks and team leadership work across the Registration team. This can include donations, stocktake, storage, transport and exhibition installation tasks.
- Coordinate the National Collection loans program including scheduling, monitoring, reporting and stakeholder liaison
- Perform more complex Registration tasks including high level documentation, stocktake and donation management
- Under general direction, coordinate operational Registration tasks including:
- Monitor and allocate Registration Work Requests;
- Contribute to the planning and scheduling of exhibition installations including the preparation, packing and transport of collection objects;
- Ensure that location records are maintained.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of collection management policies and procedures and the training of new staff.
- Perform other Registration and collection management tasks as directed.
For Selection Criteria and more information on the role, please visit: https://www.awm.gov.au/get-involved/work-or-volunteer/employment
Applications should be submitted in WORD (.doc or .docx) by Midnight (AEST) on 17 September 2020.
The Memorial is committed to workplace diversity and maintains an environment that values the contribution of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. The Memorial welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, veterans, mature age people, people from diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. To be eligible for ongoing or non-ongoing employment, Australian Citizenship is required.