A new purpose-built $60.5 million HOTA Gallery is due to be completed in early 2021, it will be the largest public Gallery outside a capital city in Australia with the ability and ambition to present exhibitions and projects of national and international scale that focus on art and design, both indoors and out
We’re looking for an experienced Retail Manager to lead on the planning and opening of HOTA Gallery's new shop and then to manage the shops daily operations.
The responsibilities will include but not be restricted to the following:
Pre – opening
- Developing and implementing all shop processes and procedures including but not limited to: ordering, pricing, stock management, cash handling/beginning/end of day, customer service and shop presentation
- Working with the Gallery Director in the design, manufacture and supply of a bespoke range of merchandise
- Managing the installation of shop fittings, merchandise layout and opening day events
- Recruiting and inducting Retail Officers in readiness for gallery opening
- Managing the installation of a point of sale provider
Post – opening
- Managing the daily operation of the store to ensure it runs efficiently and smoothly
- Achieving challenging monthly and annual sales, inventory and related retail KPI targets
- Delivering a store experience that is aligned to HOTA mission, vision and visitor experience
- Managing merchandising layout
- Managing a small team of Retail Officers including team rostering, recruitment, training and development - ensuring excellent customer service
- Developing new product lines for the store, including Gold Coast inspired products, that extend and enhance the visitor experience whilst contributing to meeting commercial targets
- Managing costs and profitability effectively through the store budget and P&L
- Contributing to developments that support HOTA’s strategy for widening access, inclusion and diversity.
- Other duties as requested commensurate with the level of the position
- The responsibilities of this position require the incumbent to be flexible in their approach. There may be a requirement to occasionally work outside of and in addition to contracted hours.
John Barry, People and Culture Manager on telephone number 0415485523 or via email at email@example.com