The City of Launceston, an award winning Employer of Choice, is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Position Title: Collections Database Administrator
Position Number: POS0299
This permanent full time position provides key support skills in administering and maintaining the QVMAG's catalogue, from a technical and data management perspective, and to provide IT advice and training to QVMAG staff in relation to the Collections Management System (CMS).
We are looking for someone who demonstrates, through behaviour, an alignment and an understanding of our values and has the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or significant past experience in managing change in a systems environment
- Experience working in a museum or gallery environment with demonstrated experience in or high level awareness of contemporary registration practices, including an understanding of cataloguing procedures, and/or experience maintaining a collections management system within a cultural context
- A sound knowledge of relational database principles combined with highly developed skills in the use of SQL based query, reporting and data manipulation tools
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply recognised and contemporary administrative and project management practices in a museum context
- An ability to operate under pressure and within short timeframes
If you are interested, for further information and instructions on how to apply please go to the careers page of our website at www.launceston.tas.gov.au and download the Employment Information Pack for this position.
For further information, please contact Christine Hansen, Manager Knowledge and Content on 03 6323 3757.
To apply, please address your application to People and Culture clearly stating the position number and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include a Cover Letter, your current Resume and a statement addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description section of the Employment Information Pack. You must address the Selection Criteria to be eligible for interview.
Applications must be received by Friday, 27 March 2020 at 12.00 noon.
Christine Hansen, Manager Knowledge and Content on 03 6323 3757