The City of Launceston, an award winning Employer of Choice, is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Position Title: Conservation and Registration Technician
Position Number: POS0305
This permanent full time position will work closely with the QVMAG Registrar, contributing to a high standard of museum collection management. Key functions include general conservation duties such as cleaning, minor treatments, condition reporting, providing advice and implementing treatment plans, assisting to devise and create storage solutions and liaising with external conservators to implement specialist treatments.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates, through behaviour, an alignment and an understanding of our values and has the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications OR significant experience in a relevant area
- A thorough and demonstrable knowledge of conservation ethics, principles and practices of museum conservation
- Knowledge of preventative conservation practices within museums
- Demonstrated understanding of the requirements for the handling, display, packing, storage and transportation of museum objects
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a demonstrated ability to work in a strongly collaborative manner either individually or as a team member including the sharing of knowledge, skills, and ideas
If you are interested, for further information and instructions on how to apply please go to the careers page of our website at www.launceston.tas.gov.au and download the Employment Information Pack for this position.
For further information, please contact Christine Hansen, Manager Knowledge and Content on 03 6323 3757.
To apply, please address your application to People and Culture clearly stating the position number and send to email@example.com
Your application should include a Cover Letter, your current Resume and a statement addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description section of the Employment Information Pack. You must address the Selection Criteria to be eligible for interview.
Applications must be received by 12.00 noon Friday, 27 March 2020.
Christine Hansen, Manager Knowledge and Content on 03 6323 3757.