Join our team of museum development and exhibition design specialists to work on projects of national and international significance.
As the successful applicant you will provide conceptualisation, design development and documentation along with professional research, writing and documentation for a wide range of interpretive design projects. You will exhibit a high degree of creativity and understanding of the detailed resolution of contemporary 2D and 3D interpretive design solutions. You will develop and document design solutions, written briefs and schedules. You will be self-motivated and undertake client and contractor liaison while also providing support to the Directors.
Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Participate in all areas of the design process
- Work pro-actively as part of the Convergence team
- Solve a diverse and unusual range of problems by researching and analysing content, audience information and practical considerations to develop innovative and creative design solutions
- Research technical and content-based information relevant to the projects at hand
- Prepare design documentation to communicate concepts, interpretive techniques, development information, construction details, services information and finished artwork.
The employee in this position is expected to possess high level written, verbal and design communication skills. They will have the ability to research and inform themselves and participate within the design team environment and in workshops and group discussions. The successful applicant will have the capacity to liaise with clients and other consultants and prepare insightful, concise and accurate reports on projects, work output and meetings. They will prepare tender documentation and RFT replies.
Required Computer Skills
The successful applicant will exhibit proficiency in:
- Standard Microsoft Office programs
- Microsoft Project
- 3D Studio Max
- Adobe Creative Cloud suite