The Museum is seeking a highly motivated and talented professional to join the Gallery Management and Development team as a Gallery Development Producer.
The Museum is currently implementing an ambitious program to redevelop its permanent galleries to create a range of new visitor experiences. The successful candidate will lead development and delivery of several permanent gallery development projects.
The Producer will lead and facilitate the creative translation of content into engaging visitor experiences in the Museum’s permanent galleries. This includes:
• Leading and working closely with project teams to manage development and implementation of exhibition and experience design.
• Working closely and collaboratively with colleagues across the Museum, as well as with external stakeholders and partners, such as exhibition and experience designers, fabricators, digital multimedia producers, community members and expert advisors.
• Managing and reporting on project budgets, schedules, issues and risks, and procuring services and managing contracts required to deliver the projects.
• Developing and delivering interpretation methods that engage intended target audiences, ensuring that our exhibitions and galleries are accessible, interesting, informative and appealing, and suit our audiences’ needs.
• Collaborating with Museum colleagues to obtain financial and intellectual support for projects, including seeking grants and other partnership opportunities.
• Contributing to the development of a culture of creative and innovative project delivery, including working together with staff to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding of audience engagement and evaluation, project management, and visitor experience innovation.
Rowena MacDonald, A/g Program Manager, Gallery Management and Development, 02 6208 5466, email@example.com.