Godinymayin Yijard Rivers Arts and Culture Centre (GYRACC) is looking for an experienced, energetic and creative Director ready to lead the organisation to the next level. Based in Katherine NT, the position of Director is effectively responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day and strategic operations of the Centre.
Godinymayin is a dynamic bi-cultural arts precinct in Katherine, NT. The aim of the Centre is to develop and nurture art and culture in Katherine and the surrounding region, as well as to present touring exhibitions and performances of national significance. This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to contribute to the goal of reconciliation in the Katherine region and make a concrete contribution to change through the arts.
The person we are looking for will have:
• Significant experience in leading and providing direction in a cultural institution or venue.
• Demonstrated experience and ability in advocacy and engagement with all sections of the community, the arts sector and government.
• Proven ability to raise funds from a range of sources.
• Experience managing the business of a complex organisation, including financial, physical and human resource management.
• Experience working in a cross-cultural environment and a commitment to practical reconciliation through the arts.
We offer an attractive package to the right candidate
Salary: $110,000 + Super
Entitlements: Six weeks annual leave
Contract: 3 years
Start date is negotiable for the right candidate
Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply
Applications MUST address the Selection Criteria
For more information and the Selection Criteria contact GYRACC on (08) 8972 3751 or download from www.gyracc.org.au.
EOIs due 5.00pm Friday 29 November 2019. Please submit your Expression of Interest marked confidential to firstname.lastname@example.org
phone 08 89723751