Commemoration and Visitor Engagement (CVE) Section is part of the Public Programs Branch. The Section delivers the Memorial’s visitor experience across commemorative, interpretive and visitor service platforms 364 days a year. The Section comprises of four teams:
• Visitor Services
• Events & Ceremonies
• Last Post Ceremony
There are twelve positions in the Events and Ceremonies team. The annual program delivered by the team includes:
• Three major national ceremonies
• Approximately 70 commemorative ceremonies
• Approximately 10 visits for Heads of State or Head of Government
• Approximately 250 VIP visits per year
• Delivery of corporate events and launches
• Under general direction and working within established frameworks, coordinate and oversee the implementation of allocated events and ceremonies and VIP visits.
• Prepare documentation to a high standard and contribute to the ongoing development and review of events and ceremonies procedural documentation.
• Establish and maintain productive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, contractors, and third party agencies.
• As required, provide support to staff in the delivery of their assigned projects and tasks.
• Represent the Memorial at meetings as required and manage client and stakeholder expectations.
• Actively participate and contribute to team and section meetings, prioritising work and sharing information and ideas.
• Undertake manual handling tasks on a wide range of projects including but not limited to electrical and audio equipment, bollards, barriers and other items used for events and ceremonies.
• There are no media or marketing aspects to this position
• This position will be required to work outside core business hours, weekends and public holidays.
Mathew Rose on 02 6243 4269