The Production and Maintenance Team operates within the Questacon Operations Section, which is responsible for the delivery of critical services within the organisations operational environment. As part of this role, the Production and Maintenance Team are responsible for the mechanical resolution, engineering, fabrication and maintenance of Questacon’s interactive exhibitions.
The Engineering Design Draftsperson contributes to Questacon’s mission by delivering high quality mechanical interactive systems for Questacon’s exhibitions.
As part of the Production and Maintenance team, the Engineering Design Draftsperson will assist in ensuring exhibits meet specifications and commissioning requirements, are completed on time and within budget, operate to and above relevant standards, and are robust and safe in order to withstand constant usage by members of the public.
The successful candidate will have:
• a background knowledge and experience of workshop trade skills including machining, welding and fabrication of metals and other materials, and a familiarity with electronic interfaces would be an advantage
• demonstrated high level creative and technical ability to design, detail, and document projects using SolidWorks computer aided design platform, and to operate within budget and to strict deadlines
• experience in interactive and or science based development projects
• the ability to share technical knowledge and participate in formal and informal development discussions
• the ability to accurately track and maintain timelines and resources, prepare estimates, reporting and documentation on projects
• demonstrated self-awareness, professionalism and a proven commitment to APS values, Code of Conduct and Workplace Health and Safety principles and practices
• a current drivers licence (preferable).
Please refer to our Career's pages for further information about the department and this role.
To be eligible for this role you will have:
• relevant Engineering or Industrial Design qualifications
• relevant experience and demonstrated abilities in design using CAD/CAM programs
Prior to commencing, successful applicants will be required to:
• Undergo a ‘Working with Children’ Police Check; and
• Obtain or hold a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This recruitment process is being used to fill an ongoing APS Level 5 position. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing APS Level 5 vacancies should they become available within 12 months form the date advertised.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: http://www.apsc.gov.au/priorities/disability/recruitability. "
For further information regarding this position please contact Tony Lemerle, Production Manager on Tony.Lemerle@Questacon.edu.au or on 02 61129739