The Art Gallery of Ballarat provides a focus for visual arts in the Ballarat region. It is the oldest, largest and most engaging regional Gallery in Australia and attracts over 250,000 visitors each year.
The Gallery has recently adopted a new strategic plan which places audiences at the heart of everything we do. We are entering a new phase in our history and need to build the team to achieve our new plan.
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, forward thinking and organised person for the role of Installation and Facility Coordinator.
• Lead the planning and installation/hanging of exhibitions whilst maintaining the care and safety of the Gallery’s collection and of works of art that come under the temporary custodianship of the Gallery.
• Coordinate the rostering of casual installation crew/art handlers to achieve exhibition/events timelines within budget allocations.
• Coordinate Gallery facility maintenance and external contractors
• Perform maintenance duties related to the presentation and well-being of the collection, stores and temporary exhibitions.
• Coordinate the Gallery’s Occupational Health and Safety
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include:
• Coordinate the installation and dismantling of artworks in temporary exhibitions, the permanent collection and other Gallery activities.
• Install artworks for exhibitions and collection displays, including installing and maintaining multimedia/audio visual equipment, display equipment and lighting.
• Maintain collection stores and loading bay including packing/crating of artworks, updating locations and return of artworks to correct storage locations.
• Organise general Gallery, materials and equipment maintenance requirements including supply of packing materials and other specialist supplies.
• Maintain a high standard of appearance of the internal and external areas of the Gallery, including cleaning of artworks and objects on display and storage.
• Organise and oversee external contractors for specific work in the Gallery. Including security, cleaning, environmental controls
• Maintain equipment register and offsite store.
• Observe Occupational Health and Safety requirements in carrying out all aspects of the role and ensure compliance by other staff and external contractors.
• Oversee the completion of daily and weekly maintenance tasks including the removal and sorting of recycling and waste.
• Undertake security patrols during working hours within Gallery spaces as required.
• OH&S and First Aid officer responsibilities.
Please visit the City of Ballarat website to view this position and ensure you follow all steps in your application process.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
For further information on this position please contact Gallery Director, Louise Tegart on 03 5320 5858 or email@example.com