The Museum Operations Officer will be responsible for the installation of exhibitions across Albury LibraryMuseum, satellite and touring venues. They will provide a range of technical and logistical support across the diverse exhibition program and public events.
• Lead the installation and de-installation of exhibitions, documentation and packaging of exhibitions across the LibraryMuseum and other venues, including lighting, some fabrication, inbound and outbound freight.
• Liaison with contractors, art technicians and other technical staff in the delivery of fabricated pieces, technical requirements.
• Undertake object handling, packaging and condition reporting in relation to touring exhibitions and collections exhibitions.
• Provide technical support including AV for Libraries & Museum Team events.
• Work with the Museum Coordinator and other staff in the efficient implementation and resourcing of the exhibitions, security and back of house operations.
• Create installation schedules and plans in conjunction with each exhibition’s curator or project manager.
• Ensure contractual obligations with relation to loaned exhibitions are met relating to security, maintenance and cleaning.
• Provide high quality customer service including research based public enquiries and regular shifts on the LibraryMuseum information desk.
Key selection criteria
• Certificate IV in Museum Studies or relevant tertiary qualification or relevant experience
• Class C (standard) Driver’s Licence (compulsory to have and maintain)
• Demonstrated experience in exhibition installation and de-installation and collection management in a public museum
Emma Williams, Museum Coordinator, Ph 02 6023 8360