• Executive Level 2
• Non-ongoing, fulltime
The initial contract will be for a period of 3 years from date of commencement (with the possibility of extension up to the full project term of 10 years)
The Deputy Gallery Director Redevelopment Program is a key role in the management and delivery of the most significant gallery redevelopment program at the Australian War Memorial in its 77 year history.
The Deputy Gallery Director Redevelopment Program will provide management and development of the exhibitions and gallery redevelopment programs of work. These programs include;
• finalisation and implementation of the Gallery Masterplan for the Memorial;
• gallery redevelopment in accordance with the Gallery Masterplan, with responsibility for the planning, development and implementation of exhibition and related audio-visual and fit-out works; and
• integration of new and existing permanent galleries in accordance with the Gallery Masterplan.
The Deputy Gallery Director Redevelopment Program reports to the Director, Exhibitions and Gallery Redevelopment and works in the Redevelopment Program lead by the Executive Director, Redevelopment Program.
• Project manage the program of Gallery Redevelopment including:
o management of the project processes, planning and procurement schedule;
o budget management with Integrated Management Team;
o expert guidance of curatorial, historical, conservation, visitor evaluation and research and research and integration with building matters where relevant;
o management of relevant external consultancies and stakeholders;
o provision of high quality and professional advice to Project Director - Exhibitions and Gallery Redevelopment; and
o written preparation of high level documents, papers, correspondence and reports.
• Provide strategic advice on the design and development of exhibitions and displays to the Project Director - Gallery Redevelopment, the Redevelopment Integrated Program Team and the Executive Director – Redevelopment Program.
• Support the delivery of the Memorial’s integrated new and existing exhibitions and displays through well-developed business and procurement plans, budgets and section representation, management of external contractors and stakeholders and management of the section and cooperation with other sections.
• Effectively cooperate with other sections and senior management in providing advice and expert guidance on exhibition development for their effective and timely delivery.
• Develop and foster close liaison with other areas of the Memorial, and other external organisations, stakeholders, kindred institutions, government agencies and individuals regarding the Memorial’s permanent, temporary and touring exhibitions program.
For further information on the position, please call the Contact Officer: Wayne Hitches, 02 6243 4554
If you experience any problems with the application system please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6243 4234 or email email@example.com