• Rare opportunity to assist in the management of one of Australia’s most significant Invertebrate Collections
• Position based at award-winning Melbourne Museum, Carlton Gardens
• Close to public transport
Australia’s largest public museum organisation is seeking a Museum Professional to assist in the management of the Invertebrate Collections (Terrestrial, Marine and Freshwater).
ABOUT MUSEUMS VICTORIA:
Museums Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
To learn more about Museums Victoria, please visit museumvictoria.com.au/about/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The purpose of the position is to assist with the management of the Invertebrate Collections (terrestrial, marine and freshwater) and associated collection information in order to enable their use in Museum research and public programs and by external stakeholders.
Notable skills and experiences:
• Sound knowledge of the taxonomy of Invertebrates.
• Sound knowledge of and experience in assisting with the management of Natural Sciences collections, particularly Invertebrate collections.
• Sound knowledge of and experience in using electronic collection management databases in museums, especially EMu and MVWISE.
• Sound knowledge of and experience in the collecting and preservation of Invertebrate zoological specimens.
• Well-developed communication skills, both interpersonal and written
• Ability to work autonomously and in teams.
• The successful applicant is required to undergo and, for new employees, meet the cost of a National Police Records Check and be assessed as suitable.
• A current and valid Driver’s License is required.
Ordinarily occupants of similar positions would hold an appropriate tertiary qualification in Zoology or experience deemed equivalent. Knowledge of Entomology will be well regarded.
This is a part-time (3.5 days per week); fixed term (until 30th September 2020) position. The salary on offer is $60,114 (paid pro-rata) + 9.5% superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY?
To view the position description, visit museumvictoria.com.au/employment/; for more information about this position, please contact Dr Joanne Taylor (Manager, Natural Sciences Collections) on (03) 8341 7436.
To apply, please follow this link and apply directly to our employment website:
Please submit the three following documents with your application:
• Your Cover letter
• Your CV
• Your written responses to the Key Selection Criteria as described in the
Applications Close: 11:59 pm EST Sunday 28th April 2019.
Dr Jo Taylor - Direct line: (03) 8341 7436