MAGNA 2021 open for entries
The Museums and Galleries National Awards are open for entries. Check out the new category and get your projects entered by 30 April 2021.
The 2021 Museums and Galleries National Awards are open for entries
We've put some finishing touches on a brand new category, and polished up the existing ones, and we can't wait to see what everyone has been working on.
- Temporary or travelling exhibition
- Permanent exhibition or gallery fitout
- Interpretation, learning and audience engagement
- Rapid response collecting project NEW!
- Indigenous project
Awards open: 18 March 2021
Awards close: 30 April 2021
Enter any projects from 2019/2020 that haven't been entered before.
NEW Rapid Response Collecting
We have recently been witnesses to a tumultuous time of environmental, social, racial, cultural and health emergencies. Rapid response collecting is becoming increasingly popular and, in some cases, embedded into normal collecting practices. It requires innovative strategies and actions to collect objects and stories relating to major moments in history that are happening now.
This new category aims to recognise and celebrate the innovative ways museums and galleries have been on the front foot during these crises and actively engaging with communities to record history as it happens. It shows how our museums and galleries are adaptive and proactive in times of crisis, and also emphasises the very important role cultural institutions can play in the community during and after a disaster.
This category is not for disaster preparedness or other emergency response initiatives.
Preview the questions
- Permanent Exhibition or Gallery Fitout (PREVIEW QUESTIONS)
- Temporary/Travelling Exhibition (PREVIEW QUESTIONS)
- Interpretation, Learning and Audience Engagement (PREVIEW QUESTIONS)
- Indigenous Project (PREVIEW QUESTIONS)
- Research (PREVIEW QUESTIONS)
- Rapid Response Collecting Project (PREVIEW QUESTIONS)
Call for Expressions of Interest for Judges:
Would you like to be a MAGNA judge? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.