Call for Abstracts is open for AMaGA National Conference 2022.
You are encouraged to submit an abstract and be an active participant in the workshops, discussions, presentations and networking that make the conference a valuable professional experience.
The conference theme is HEAR. US. NOW: turning conversations into action. AMaGA 2022 will address how global issues are impacting the Arts in Australia and consider how your local activities connect to the Indian Ocean Rim communities. Delegates are invited to amplify each other’s voice, dissect the status quo, and collaborate on new models of practice.
The sub-themes are:
- Hear: Explores the developments, challenges and opportunities for connecting with communities in this time.
- Us: Celebrates the many voices to be heard, embracing truth-telling, stewardship of culture, decolonisation and rewriting stories.
- Now: Expresses the urgency of issues such as climate change, environmental devastations and political upheavals impacting the arts, culture, and heritage.
- Next: Encourages emerging research, career pathways, and new learning.
Extended sub-theme descriptions may be found on the conference website.
Important dates and deadlines
|Call for abstracts open||August 2021|
|Call for abstracts closes||30 September 2021 (5pm AWST)|
|Abstracts reviewed||October - November 2021|
|Successful presenters contacted||early December 2021|
How to submit
- Visit the conference website to read up on the sub-themes, presentation types and guidelines
- Complete the abstract template
- Create an account in the abstract portal and follow the instructions to submit your abstract.
If you have any questions about how to submit, please contact the conference organisers on 02 6281 6624 or email@example.com.