- Webinar Recordings
- My Collection
- My Organisation
- My Programs
- My Community
- All Resources
Collection management, policy, forward planning guides and more.
- Template of a collection management policy, AMaGA Victoria
- Strategic Planning Manual, AMaGA
- Small Museums Cataloguing Manual (5th edn.), AMaGA Victoria
- Collection Policy Template, AMaGA Victoria
- Forward Planning Template, AMaGA Victoria
- Collections management policy, Sydney Living Museums
- Collections management policy, University of Queensland Library
- Digitisation policy, The University of Queensland Australia
- Collection digitisation policy, National Library of Australia
- Draft national framework, GLAM Peak Digital Access to Collections Project
The best place to start is the Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Materials (AICCM).
With additional resources:
- Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Materials "Collection care"
- National Gallery of Australia "Collection conservation"
- State Library Victoria "Conservation guides"
- Public Records Office of Victoria "Preservation and conservation: tools to care for your archival collection"
For Audio-Visual collections:
- International Association of Sound and Audio-visual Archives "Guidelines on the production and preservation of digital audio objects"
- National Film and Sound Archive "Technical preservation handbook"
- National Film and Sound Archive "Preservation at home"
Digitising your collection is an important part of its preservation, conservation, and accessibility.
- GLAM Peak Digital Access to Collections project
- Museums Australia (Victoria) Practical Online Training - Photographing your Collection
- Just Digitise It: Guide for Community Groups by Public Record Office Victoria covering digitisation of photographs and documents using a digital camera and scanner
- Online CMS products like Vernon's e-Hive and ISTechnology's Mosaic
- How to use your digital collection - case study: Our Rivers Our History
Exhibition design, research, label writing, travelling exhibitions, marketing and promotion and more