The membership of Museums Australia Education:
- supports and advocates formal and informal learning and interpretation as core functions of museums and galleries
- facilitates the exchange of innovative practice, research and evaluation by its members
- engage in a regular discussion and exchange of information about current issues concerning learning and interpretation in museums and galleries eg life long learning; inclusivity; school curriculum; links with community; learning styles; authentic learning contexts.
- organise a challenging and stimulating professional development program for members at the MA national conference
- increase active participation and membership of state education networks
- publicise innovative and cutting edge practice
- initiate project-based interstate exchange programs for members
- support overseas exchange programs for members in association with ICOM Australia
- engage in formal and informal dialogue with the other relevant MA national networks to further our aims
MAE has several state branches, including ACT (IMAGE), Victoria (ENVI), Queensland, NSW and WA. When you join you automatically become a member of these branches.
Contact: AMaGA National Office
President vacant pending May 2020 Election