- AMaGA Submission to the Royal Commission on the recent Bushfires
- Submission to the Senate Select Committee on COVID-19
- Submission on the draft legislation to implement the 17 August 2020 Australian Government's Job Ready Graduates Package
- House of Reps Committee Inquiry into creative and cultural industries & institutions
- Response to the Consultation Paper on Growing the Indigenous Visual Arts Industry
- Protection of Indigenous Knowledge in the Intellectual Property System
- A proposed National Indigenous Arts and Cultural Authority (NIACA)
- AMaGA submission to PC Inquiry into Mental Health
- AMaGA submission to National Science and Research Priorities Review
- Senate Inquiry into Nationhood, National Identity and Democracy
- Submission to the Australian Infrastructure Audit 2019
- Submission to Inquiry on Canberra's national institutions
- Submission on Review of Adelaide University Collections
- Submission to the National Arts and Disability Strategy
- Copyright Modernisation
The proposed move of the Powerhouse Museum from Ultimo in Sydney's centre to Parramatta in Sydney's west has raised a lot of concerns and caused considerable debate about the process that led to this decision. These concerns have in turn raised more questions about the state of museum and gallery planning in New South Wales and the progressive reduction in funding to the sector at state and local government levels.
As a result of these concerns the Legislative Council of the New South Wales parliament set up an inquiry into museums and galleries in New South Wales. Public submissions were called for, closing on 14 August. Museums Australia National Office has lodged a submission to the inquiry, prepared with input at national and New South Wales levels.
The details of the inquiry are available from the New South Wales Parliament's website here.
Frank Howarth, MA President
- Inquiry into the impact of the 2014 and 2015 Commonwealth Budget decisions on the Arts
- Code of Best Practice for Engagement with the Not-for-Profit Sector: Museums Australia submission to government consultation on Draft NFP Code (2 pp.; Museums Australia, Canberra, 29 April 2013).
- Australia Council Bill 2013: Museums Australia submission to Senate Committee review of Australia Council Bill 2013 (Senate Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee) (3 pp.; Museums Australia, Canberra, 11 April 2013).
- Submission to the Australian Heritage Strategy for Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities. Communicating and Caring for the Heritage of all Australians: Museums Australia submission to Australian Heritage Strategy review (Museums Australia, Canberra, 15 June 2012).
- Submission to NBN Inquiry (re. National Broadband Network); House of Representatives Inquiry (Museums Australia, Canberra, 25 February 2011).
- Submission to Review of Private Sector Support for the Arts (Mr Harold Mitchell AC, Review Chair, & Review Team, Office for the Arts), for The Hon Simon Crean MP, Minister for the Arts, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (Museums Australia, Canberra, 8 July 2011).
- Submission on the Exposure Draft of the 2011 Strategic Roadmap for Australian Research Infrastructure, National Research Infrastructure Council (NRIC) and Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research (Museums Australia, 22 July 2011).
- Museums Australia Submission on Immunity from Seizure for Cultural Objects on Loan, to Office for the Arts (The Hon Simon Crean MP, Minister for the Arts); (Museums Australia, Canberra, 21 September 2011).
- Repositioning the Culture and Creativity of all Australians: Museums Australia submission to National Cultural Policy Taskforce, 2011 (Museums Australia, Canberra, 21 October 2011).
- 'Towards a National Cultural Policy’: Museums Australia submission to Minister for the Arts (The Hon Peter Garrett AM MP, Minister for the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts) (Museums Australia, Canberra, 11 June 2010).
- Submission [Feedback] On The National Volunteering Strategy Consultation Paper, June 2010 (Museums Australia, Canberra, 23 July 2010).
- Submission to DEWHA, ‘2010 Collection Organisations Survey' (Museums Australia, Canberra, 28 September 2010).
- Submission to the Commonwealth Review of the EPBC Act 1999 (Museums Australia, Canberra, 19 January 2009).
- MA Response to Collections Council of Australia (CCA) review of ‘Significance’ (Museums Australia, Canberra, 23 February 2009).
- Submission to Inquiry into the Draft Disability (Access to Premises – Buildings) Standards (Museums Australia, Canberra, 26 February 2009, 14pp.).
- Submission to Review of Protection of Movable Cultural Heritage Act 1986(Museums Australia, Canberra, 13 March 2009).
- Submission to Review of the Collections Australia Network (CAN) (Museums Australia, Canberra, 7 April 2009).
- Submission to the Review of the Historic Shipwrecks Act 1976 (and Consideration of the requirements arising from the UNESCO 2001 Convention for the Protection of Underwater Cultural Heritage) (Museums Australia, Canberra 24 July 2009).
- Submission to the DEWHA Review of the National Collections Program (NCP) 2009 (Museums Australia, Canberra 21 August 2009).
- Submission to DEWHA Indigenous Art Charter consultation, Nat. Director Response (Museums Australia, Canberra, 14 September 2009).
- Submission to Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (FaHCSIA) on National Compact social policy development of the Australian Government (Museums Australia, Canberra, 30 September 2009).
- Submission to Commonwealth consultation on Indigenous Heritage Law Reform: Possible reforms to the legislative arrangements for protecting traditional areas and objects under envisaged Bill to revise ATSIHP Act (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Heritage Protection Act) 1984 (Museums Australia, Canberra, 9 November 2009).