- Webinar Recordings
- My Collection
- My Organisation
- My Programs
- My Community
- All Resources
For CHART Grants go to www.amaga.org.au/chart
AMaGA has compiled this directory of funding opportunities for the arts and cultural heritage sector. It is by no means a complete list and does not include opportunities for for-profit organisations or information on corporate sponsorships. Use the list as a starting point to discovering other funding opportunities. It is important to think outside the box.
The directory is categorised into arts (visual and performing arts), cultural heritage (historic sites, social history, etc), Indigenous, and individual opportunities.
Core Funding Bodies
- Australian Government Regional Arts Fund - to support and promote participation in, and access to, Australia's arts and culture in regional and remote Australia
- Australia Council for the Arts - supports artists, artistic practice, organisations and arts activity
- Community Heritage Grants - to assist with the preservation of locally owned, but nationally significant collections
- Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal - Australia wide funding for strengthening and supporting rural, regional and remote communities
- GrantsConnect - the Australian Government database of forecast and current opportunities
- GrantGuru Community - searchable database of community-based funding opportunities
- Lotterywest (WA only) - supporting not-for-profit and local governments to develop strong communities by bringing people together through arts, culture and heritage.
- Museums & Galleries Queensland Funding Directory - Queensland-focused, with some national opportunities
- National Cultural Heritage Account - assisting Australian cultural organisations to buy nationally significant objects that they could otherwise not afford
- Visions of Australia - national exhibition touring fund to bring art and cultural objects material to regional and remote areas of Australia.
Education, Engagement and Events Grants
Funding opportunities to support projects and programs that target visitor engagement and participation.
Heritage and History
Opportunities for social history and heritage organisations, including historic sites
Grants and programs available to increase and enrich communication and collaboration with Indigenous communities through art and storytelling
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- International Cultural Diplomacy Grants program - The ACDGP will support activities that:
- Project a positive and contemporary image of Australia and Australia’s capabilities internationally through the delivery of high quality and innovative collaborative arts and cultural activity
- Strengthen long-term cultural relationships with our key regional partners, particularly in the Indo-Pacific region
- Enhance market access and market development strategies for Australian cultural exports, and
- Strengthen business engagement and connections.
- Australian National Commission for UNESCO – The Australian National Commission for UNESCO assists projects which will further National Commission and UNESCO priorities and objectives. They include:
- Attaining quality education for all and lifelong learning
- Mobilising science knowledge and policy for sustainable development
- Addressing emerging social and ethical challenges
- Fostering cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue
- Building inclusive knowledge societies through information and communication.
Funding is offered annually, mid-year.
- Cultural Council Grants - DFAT also manages various Australia-International Councils each with grant rounds opening early in the calendar year:
- Australia-ASEAN Council
- Australia-China Council
- Australia-India Council
- Australia-Indonesia Council
- Australia-Japan Council
- Australia-Korea Council
- Council for Australia-Arab Relations
- Council on Australia Latin America Relations
- Former Australia-Malaysia Institute
- Former Australia-Thailand Institute