AMNN has a $250 Joining Fee and is a Network open to Community Aviation Museums as Organisational Members of MA focusing on co-operation, support and development of volunteer-run aviation museums.
Our objectives are to:
- Develop an interactive network of communication by co-operation and self help between participating volunteer based aviation museums in Australia
- Further the preservation of Australian aviation heritage and the ongoing successful development and operation of existing and future aviation museums
- Improve the operation of volunteer or community based not-for-profit aviation museums and collections
- Adopt Museums Australia standards and accreditation
- Promote aviation preservation to governments, industry and the general public
- Adopt and operate Museums Australia Code of Ethics.
The participating museums of the AMNN are:
Australian Aircraft Restoration Group (Melbourne (Vic)
Australian Gliding Museum (Bacchus Marsh (Vic)
Australian Aviation Museum (Bankstown (NSW)
Australian Vintage Aviation Society (Caboolture, Qld)
Benalla Aviation Museum (VIC)
Evans Head Memorial Aerodrome Heritage Aviation Association (NSW)
Queensland Air Museum (Caloundra (Qld)
RAAF Assoc. of WA – Heritage Museum (Perth (WA)
South Australian Aviation Museum (Adelaide (SA)
Keep checking back here for more information as we update the AMNN page with newsletters, advocacy information and events.
How to join
Contact the Committee President for more information on joining this network.