- My Collection
- My Organisation
- My Programs
- My Community
- Q & A
- All Resources
AMaGA advocates on behalf of the cultural sector at all levels of government. We do this through:
2019 Federal Election
Here are the top agenda issues for AMaGA's 2019 federal government election - these are all actional, achievable and shared asks.
Current research is revealing the deep value of arts, culture and heritage to society and the economy in increasing numbers of ways, both the profound intrinsic value of creating and experiencing culture and the contributions to business innovation, tourism generation, educational attainment, and health and wellbeing.
Investment in these six areas would provide significant dividends.
- New Policy
- Catch-up and New Funding
- Better Indigenous Engagement
- Transformative Research Infrastucture
- Protection of Irreplaceable Assets
See also the Australian Academy of the Humanities 8-Point Plan to Humanise the Future
Ongoing advocacy for the GLAM sector
Advocating for your museum, gallery, community or sector
- Artspeak - ArtsPeak is an unincorporated federation of national peak arts organisations that promotes research, policy and industry development, communication and advocacy for the arts sector. ArtsPeak's strategic activities focus on artists' sustainability and the importance of education, cultural diversity and social inclusion.
- Council of Australasian Museum Directors
- Council of Australian Art Museum Directors
- Federation of Australian Historical Societies
- GLAM Peak - The peak representative bodies of the galleries, libraries, archives and museums sectors in Australia began meeting together in mid-2015, collaborating to enable people to access, use and build on our national collections.
- Royal Australian Historical Society (RAHS)