- Webinar Recordings
- My Collection
- My Organisation
- My Programs
- My Community
- All Resources
Access for people with a disability
Accessibility describes the degree to which a product (e.g., device, service, environment) is accessible by as many people as possible. This is most commonly considered in relation to people with disabilities due to the barriers to access which disabilities can cause.
- Read an article on Disability and the arts⌂. Art forms such as dance, theatre, writing, music and the visual arts draw on the creativity and interests of Australians of many abilities.
- Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission (HREOC) - Disability rights. HREOC's mission is to lead the promotion and protection of human rights in Australia. making human rights values part of everyday life and language;
- Disability organisations
- DiVine is a website written by and for people with a disability. The site is published by the Victorian Government’s Office for Disability in the Department of Planning and Community Development.
- Accessible Arts promotes and provides opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in arts and cultural activities either as audience members
- Arts Access Victoria provides access to arts and cultural activity for people who are disadvantaged, including people with a disability.
- Arts Access Australia is the national peak body of State and Territory arts and disability organizations working to increase access and participation in the arts for the one in five Australians with a disability.
- Access2Arts provides access services such as audio description, training and consultation to arts organisations, and support to disabled artists.
- Conexu Foundation is the national not for profit organisation providing technology-based communication access for Deaf, hard of hearing and speech impaired Australians.
- Read about a website collection policy⌂ on accessibility based on W3C and Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) guidelines on accessibility and equity.
- See also information about accessibility in the Culture Portal internet development guide⌂
- The international standards for web accessibility outline basic information to make website as accessible as possible for all users.