Vision and Mission
Our Vision is for natural and cultural heritage to be valued, sustained and communicated for future generations as it represents the shared histories, heritage and identities of all Australians.
To empower the Western Australian museums and galleries sector through leadership, service, collaboration and advocacy for the benefit of all West Australians, now and in the future.
Australian Museums and Galleries Association Western Australia as a peak body promotes shared values and uses these values to further our Vision and Mission across Western Australia by:
- Promoting an understanding of heritage as including natural and cultural, tangible and intangible dimensions;
- Championing members and the museums sector as resources for social development, promoting social and cultural inclusion;
- Sharing the responsibility for the conservation and communication of our distributed national collection with communities and government;
- Recognising the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to control and manage their cultural heritage and its interpretation;
- Demonstrating that the distinctive work museums and galleries pursue in conjunction with communities in preservation, research, interpretation, education and public programming is critical to the conservation of the nation's memory;
- Valuing ethical behaviour and being accountable and responsible for our decisions and actions; and
- Working collaboratively to promote leadership, innovation, and creativity in the sector.
State Committee and Staff
The AMaGA Western Australia Committee comprises four Executive Members and nine Ordinary Members who bring a wide range of knowledge, skills, networks and passions to help represent the needs of the sector. Members are elected for two year periods with half of the Committee going up for re-election each year.
The WA Branch Office is home to three part-time staff members:
- Natalie Evans, Executive Director
- Jessica Davies, Projects and Communications Coordinator
- Julie Lunn, Special Projects Officer - Collections WA
If you have any questions regarding membership, training, sector advice or support, please contact the office on 9431 8462.